January 21, 2011
January 7, 2011
Velvet Palette was recently nominated by Chanelle Louwen, the author of the wonderful Creative Colourful Musings of Life blog, for the Stylish Blogger Award. It’s a great honor and it truly means a lot to know that my little blog has provided inspiration and made it to someone’s favorites list. Following the 4 rules to accept this award…
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
Chanelle, thanks so a million for your kind words.. I enjoyed your lighthearted and very real and down to earth blog. Keep it up!
2. Share seven things about yourself.
The seven things I can think of right now:
- I’m addicted to shoes… super high heels more specifically!
- My next on the list (more of a crush than addiction) are cowhide rugs, red 1950s convertible Cadillacs with white interiors, ruffled dresses, big rings, and funnel cakes to name a few..
- I dream of living in an ocean-front glass house.. if that’s even at all feasible..
- Skydived once.. and would love to do it more.. and perhaps get certified someday. you never know..
- I’m a little claustrophobic, not a big fan of tiny sport cars no matter how fancy, I hate car park buildings and I just can’t help but lower my head every time I drive under one of those maximum height clearance bars.. I know I kinda look funny when I do that!
- I have a HUGE crush on George Clooney but I totally wouldn’t mind Gerard Butler, Dermot Mulroney, Ryan Gosling, or Ryan Reynolds really… i’m just sayin’ =)
- I prefer winter over summer..
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
Some of the blogs I find cool and inspiring:
- Haute Design: “an online library of accumulated inspiration, exploring that which is haute and beautifully designed. From incredible, sprawling countryside homes, to fashion design in Paris, to unique packaging, Haute Design aims to share and inspire creativity.”
- The Sartorialist: super cool street fashion digs from the fashion capitals of the world!
- Solid Frog: “a blog about interior design, art, architecture, fashion and other thinghs that makes life joyful.”
- Dress Design & Decor: and elegant easy on the eye display of everything fashion, graphic, and interior design combined..
- Busy Being Fabulous: all about beautifully styled and fabulous living be it food, fashion, or interiors.
- Dear Designer: design inspiration and latest infatuations by a very talented interior designer.
- The Bedlam of Beefy: and inspiring and educating blog about how to turn the simple things into beauty by an artist/printmaker/entrepreneur living in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S..
- Simply Grove: an interior design blog that shares design and decor “stuff” from all over the world..
- Seventy Tree: cool day to day design inspirations for day to day living.
- Me and Alice: not an english blog but it has some of the coolest design tips and ideas in pictures.. I luv it!
- Making Magigue: a lovely collection of art, decor, nature, holidays, Paris, travel, and fashion.
- Lovely Clusters: pretty things brought together in some of the most beautiful and creative clusters.
- Bakers Royale: everything baking..
- One Cake Two Cake: everything cakes.. I know I’m huge fan of cakes!
- Style Me Pretty: a beautiful and very inspiring blog about everything wedding and event planning
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
I’ll be doing that next..
Thanks again Chanelle and Happy Blogging everyone! :)
January 3, 2011
Filled with times for you
to indulge in your favorite desserts like there is no tomorrow!
to enjoy some all by yourself moments..
to drink out of your favorite mug..
to lose yourself with some good music
to dance like a child
to breathe in fresh air and appreciate the unlimited possibilities..
to take that time off
to walk in you favorite heels..
to take that road trip in style..
and if lucky enough end up Paris
to find your other half if you haven’t already..
and perhaps even add little version of..
May this year be filled with new beginnings
may it be your best year ever..
I know I’m a few days behind the crowd but hey we have the whole year ahead of us… Happy new year!